A dreamy colorful combination of taste and texture commonly known as smoothie bowls are a blend of super-satisfying toppings such as granola, flaxseed, chia seeds, fresh berries, coconut and dark chocolate. Bowls like these are like a clean slate, creativity plus eye-catchy. Who wouldn’t want to indulge in one?
Here we bring you some vibrant and colorful smoothie bowls which are pleasing to your taste buds as well as a treat to your eyes.
Chocolate Cherry Smoothie Bowl
Courtesy: Goodie Goodmother
- ½ cup frozen banana or ½ medium fresh banana
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- ½ cup almond milk.Use ¼ cup if you have fresh bananas
- ¼ Avocado
- 1 cup kale or other dark leafy green
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Cocoa Nibs
- Chia Seeds
- Fresh Sliced Banana
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Combine all the smoothie ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with preferred topping.
Dark Cherry Smoothie Bowl
Courtesy: Lisa Bryan
- 2 cups of frozen cherries, pitted
- 1 banana
- ¾ cup coconut water
- 8 whole cherries
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs
- Add the frozen cherries, banana and coconut water into a high powered blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie mixture into two bowls and evenly divide the toppings between the two servings
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Acai Bowl
Image Courtesy: Bakerita.com
Courtesy: Nimai’s Kitchen
- 2 packets(200 grams) of frozen organic Acai
- 1 Frozen banana
- 1 cup dates
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1tbsp peanut butter
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Vegan dark chocolate mega chunks
- Strawberries, Kiwis, fruit topping
- Run the Acai packets under warm water, it loosens the pulp!
- Then add the Acai into the blender along with all the other ingredients except the mega chunks and fruit toppings.
- Blend for a while.
- Scoop out into a bowl and top with mega chinks, fruit and any other toppings you want!
Rasberry and Mango Smoothie Bowl
- 1 Frozen Banana
- ¼ cup frozen Mango
- ¼ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or your choice of milk)
- Dragon fruit for the topping
- Add all the ingredients and blend.
- Top the bowl with chosen dragon fruit balls and some hazelnuts if you like.
Living in Mumbai? Here are some outlets who are creative enough to dish out such healthy bowls.
- JJ’S Superfood Smoothie Bowl by Jamjar Diner
- Green Light by Poetry by Love and Cheesecake
- Mango Smoothie Bowl by Brownsalt Bakery
- Rasberry Smoothie Bowl by Kitchen Garden by Suzette
- The Bounty Bowl by Coffee by Di Bella Exclusive
- Breakfast Smoothie Bowl by The Pantry
- Acai Bowl by A Sequel Bistro and Juice Bar
Who said healthy eating is boring?
Feel Good About What You Eat!