Damaged Hair is a phenomenal issue. Regular styling using straighteners, curlers, hair colours will definitely make one look marvelous but the concentrated heat damages hair to such an extent that it seems beyond repair. On the other hand it brings along numerous problems such as hair fall, thinning of hair, frizz, dryness, dandruff, split ends to name a few. Do not worry as one can now repair damaged hair with this incredible hair mask for damaged hair. The best thing about this DIY hair mask for damaged hair is that it won’t cost a pretty penny.
- Castor oil
- Coconut oil
- Aloe vera gel
- In a bowl, take 5 tablespoons of yogurt and add 3 tablespoons honey.
- Mix it well and add 1 tablespoon of castor oil and about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Mix it well or whisk till a thick paste is formed.
- Lastly add 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and mix it well to get nice thick consistency.
- Hair mask is ready in just few steps.
How to apply:
- Apply the mixture in sections from scalp to the tips with the help of brush.
- When done applying the mask thoroughly, tie the hair up.
- Let the mask rest and sink in your roots and hair for 15- 20 minutes
- Wash with shampoo (make sure to not apply any conditioner)
Prolonged usage of conditioner damages hair as they contain silicone to give shine to the hair. One can go for silicone-free conditioners to maintain the natural nutrients of the hair.
Use this hair mask once a week for better results and be regular.
- Here the lactic acids in yogurt helps in cleansing the scalp and clearing away dead skin cells thus letting the hair follicles grow. It also helps in fighting dandruff. The humectant properties of honey helps in retaining the moisture and strengthens the hair.
- Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid which increases the circulation to scalp and promotes hair growth. The anti-bacterial properties helps in fighting with scalp infections and dandruff.
- Coconut oil is a blessing for all the hair types and prevents hair breakage, split ends, slows down hair loss and makes it soft.
- Aloe vera helps in fighting with dry hair, gives a natural shine to hair and conditions the hair. Switch to aloe vera gel as a natural conditioner for the hair.
Switch to DIY’s as they are chemical free and easy to make. Avoid straighetners and curlers and go for them only when required.
Let your hair do the talking girl!