Blueberry Recipes That Will Help To Get Rid Of The Blues
Blueberry Recipes, better than therapies
Blueberries, a powerhouse of antioxidants are filled with phytochemicals, flavonoids and soluble fibers. Native to North America, these tiny flavorful berries are now available in India as well. One can even opt for the dried berries which are equally delicious. They are slightly tangy in taste and have a zingy flavor.
Blueberry is one of the most nutrient- dense superfood in the world, containing large levels of antioxidants.
This week we bring you the most exceptional recipes using this tangy yet sweet berry.
Balsamic Blueberry Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Balsamic and Blueberry? Sounds absurd right! Worry not as the Balsamic Vinegar adds to the tartness of the berries leaving you confused with the flavors yet wanting to make your absolute favorite.
Courtesy- Amanda K. by the bay
- 2 slices of white bread
- Lots of mozzarella cheese
- Fresh spinach
- ½ cup frozen or fresh berries
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp brown sugar
- Combine blueberries, sugar and vinegar in a saucepan. Put it on a medium flame and let it come to a slow boil. Use a utensil to crush berries as you stir. After boiling for about 5 minutes, pour mixture into a mesh strainer and let the juice syrup separate from the solid berries.
- Tip: One can save the syrup for cocktails and pancake! Spread blueberries onto a piece of bread. Top it up with some cheese, spinach and then more cheese. Sprinkle some black pepper
- Toast it for 2 minutes on each side till you get that crispy golden exterior.
- Cut it into half and feast your eyes with the melty oozing cheese.
All you need are some juicy berries, citrus-y oranges and some fresh mint for that refreshing kick to start your day. ZERO calories. Yes you heard that you right. It fills your stomach and also increases the metabolic rate. What more can you ask for!
- 1 cup fresh berries
- 1 orange
- Few sprigs on Mint
- Add the berries, oranges and mint leaves to a jug filled with water.
- Stir it well till the water is infused with all the fresh fruity flavors and add few more mint leaves for a dose of freshness
- Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
Cut down on the monotony and stay hydrated with this super flavorful water to raise your metabolism.
Blueberry and Mango Salad With Basil Vinaigrette
With the last batch of mangoes coming in, give this salad a try
Courtesy- Amy from Wholesomelicious
- Spinach or any of your favorite greens, rinsed ( Proportion varies according to you)
- 1 cup blueberries rinsed
- 1 mango skinned, de-seeded and chopped
- ½ onion
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup chopped pecans. One can even opt for walnuts or almonds
- For the dressing
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 3 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- Layer your Salad beginning with spinach or greens
- Place the cucumber and onion on top of the spinach.
- Top with berries, chopped mango and pecans. Set aside
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and there you go!
This easy-peasy dessert will surely tingle your taste buds and will surely leave you wanting for more.
Courtesy- Charlotte L
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh berries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add flour, ½ cup sugar, salt and baking powder to a mixing bowl; stir to combine
- Add in milk and butter
- Spread the batter into a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Sprinkle blueberries evenly over batter.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup sugar and drizzle with vanilla
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a pick comes out clean
- Voila! Delish this heavenly baked good with some ice-cream
Blueberries are my personal favorite. What is yours? Do try these recipes and let us know your version of using this teensy- weensy berry.