Alternatives that would want you to turn vegan right away
Information to have a glance on
If you want good food, you don’t have to spend time making it.The millennial these days are shifting towards healthy eating, cutting down on the junk and veganism. Veganism refrains one to consume any animal’s meat and dairy products .The vegan diet became increasingly mainstream in the 2010s. Veganism has risen in popularity in Hong Kong and China. China’s vegan market is estimated to rise by 17 percent till 2020.. Living vegan provides countless benefits to animal’s life, to the environment and oneself
A lot of studies suggest that vegetarianism and veganism is healthier, prevents cardiovascular diseases and keeps you energetic throughout. The important part to mention is that veganism to not about creating the exact reproduction but a similar one that share some qualities with the original but ultimately tastes great in their own right
Here are some alternatives which will make you realize that plant-based meals can be delectable too.
- If not Cottage cheese then chunks of Tofu is one such exemplary example to cut down on those extra calories.
- Chickpea flour makes one amazing omelet paired with a wholesome glass of carrot juice.
- In dishes where eggs are used for binding purposes, one can opt for rolled oat or soy flour
- If not Butter then one can choose between any of the oils like Sunflower Oil, Olive Oil or even Coconut Oil.
- Also for baking purposes, you can replace those eggs with Bananas. They act as a great binding agent and brings a texture to the dish.
- In the case of Honey, Opt for Agave Nector, Maple Syrup as well as Coconut Nector.
- Aquafaba- the most heard of vegan substitute. If you start to whip up some Chickpea Brine, the liquid starts turning into a soft foam with a similar texture to meringue. The composition of the brine binds the ingredients together just like an egg does. Plus, aquafaba is not starch based.
- For all the meat lovers, try substituting with Tofu, Jackfruit, Beans and mushrooms. Tofu makes the perfect swap for chicken
- Tempeh can be used as a substitute to all the Fish dishes as it has a flaky texture. Try it for Fish Fillets or Crab Cakes
- Cauliflower is known to replace the flour in the pizza crust.
- Last but not the least, Milk being the one of the prominent ingredient used in baking, it can be substituted with Coconut Milk, Almond Milk or Soy Milk.
Here are 2 quick vegan recipes with are healthy as well as filling to the appetite at the same time.
Cumin Lime Black Bean Quinoa Bowl
- 1 ½ cups of sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 ½ cup soaked Quinoa
- 1 ½ cup of soaked and boiled Black Beans
- Cumin Lime Dressing
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp grated carrot
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup of olive oil
Flourless Vegan Brownies
The best thing about going vegans? The desserts!
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 2 cups Demerara Sugar
- 100 gm Cocoa Powder
- 120 ml Oil
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 200 gm Flour
- 200 ml Water
- Chunks of Walnuts
Bake at 180 degrees for 12-15 minutes
Break the myth and start appreciating plant-based recipes which are super nutritious and I promise you will not compromise on the taste. Get going and whip up some hearty meals to please your soul.
Switch to Healthy Eating!